We provide a full range of surveying and property valuation services including:
- Advice on Party Wall matters, Party Wall Awards, Party Wall surveyors.
- Expert Witness reports and litigation support.
- Lease extensions - extending your lease.
- Collective leasehold enfranchisement of freeholds, i.e. buying your freehold of your block of flats or home.
- Freehold valuations and property valuation consultancy.
- Property investment consultancy.
- Property Insurance Reinstatement valuations.
Advice on Party Wall matters
All semi-detached and terraced houses have Party Walls. Apartments and flats have Party Wall Structures. A Party Wall or Structure separates you and your neighbour’s property. If you are planning on starting work which will have an effect on the Party Wall or Structure you must get your neighbour’s agreement before you commence. You should consult a Party Wall surveyor who will advise you and draw up a Party Wall Award.
Expert Witness reports and litigation support
We accept expert witness appointments in the following circumstances:
- Advisory expert on criminal and civil matters and advice on the merits of a case from a property valuation point of view.
- Single Joint Expert (SJE). Usually associated with matrimonial court proceedings and civil litigation matters.
Where cases are before the Courts, Tribunals and Arbitrators, we are often appointed as a joint expert witness appointed by both parties.
If you have owned your flat or apartment for 2 or more years you usually have statutory rights to a 90 year lease extension. We can advise you on the process of extending your lease and the likely costs of extending your lease.
Buying your freehold
If you live in a leasehold flat you may be able to buy the freehold of your building, in conjunction with the other leaseholders, provided that you meet certain criteria.
The process is known as collective enfranchisement and normally involves the participating leaseholders forming a company which will act as the nominee purchaser. We can advise on buying your freehold and the likely costs.
We carry out valuations for a variety of purposes including probate, tax, Company Accounts, Annual Tax on enveloped dwellings (ATED), Charities Act Valuation, inheritance tax valuation, Retrospective valuation, Capital Gains tax and court proceedings.
Property Investment Consulting
We also act for property investors identifying, acquiring and completing due diligence of property investments, typically well let commercial property.
Please contact us to discuss your investment requirements.
Property Insurance Reinstatement Valuations
We advise residential property owners on insurance reinstatement costs. We prepare the valuation documentation for your insurance company using the relevant BCIS cost index.